|Take What You Need|
Do you feel your group’s energy level is dragging?! Maybe it’s early. Maybe it’s late. No matter what the circumstance, here is an energizer to get your group moving.
Material Needed: A roll of toilet paper or 2 depending on the size of the group. If you are concerned with waste you can also use poker chips or bingo markers or small squares of paper, etc.
Time Required: 10-25 minutes
Group Size: 10-30
Purpose: Getting to know you
- Ask participants to form a circle either standing or sitting, whatever is comfortable.
- Bring out the roll of toilet paper and tell participants to “Take as much as you think you’ll need”.
- Pass it around the circle, and give everyone a chance to take some.
- If anyone asks any questions about what they will be using the toilet paper for, or anything like that, just repeat, “take as much as you think you’ll need”.
- Once everyone has some, ask participants to count their squares of toilet paper.
- Then go around the circle and for every square of toilet paper they took, participants must tell a fact about themselves to the group. For example of you took 7 squares, you must tell 7 facts about yourself to the group.
- If you have a really large group and somebody took half a roll you can limit the number to 5 or whatever seems appropriate to stay within your time limit.